Stephen is an experienced information / cyber security professional, having spent 25+ years working as an information security leader and change agent. At IBM, he is responsible for the growth and market share expansion of IBM X-Force IRIS business across Asia Pacific, working with clients to be better prepared for, and to manage constant cyber threat to their business operations.
Prior to running the X-Force IRIS practice, Stephen was IBM’s Industry Security Leader and a security subject matter expert across a number of Industry verticals focused on Business Development and growth of the IBM Security Services capability.
Stephen joined IBM Security in 2016 , after having been the Chief Information Security Officer for the National eHealth Transition Authority (NEHTA) where he was responsible for all information security strategies and cyber activities for the National entity. Stephen was (and remains) an advisor to many CIO’s, Director’s General across both State and Commonwealth governments as well as the private sector.
Stephen has significant cross industry experience in leading and transforming business using technology with a focus on security.
Relevant highlights include:
- Security assurance of Government critical infrastructure assets
- Chief Information Officer & IT Operational / Devops / Cloud transformations
- Introduction and change of State / Commonwealth legislation, regulations to support transformation
- Lead the design of Australia’s personal electronic healthcare record, as well as Queensland’s digital drivers licence incorporating facial recognition biometrics, smartcard design and standards and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Architecture design for IoT intelligent transport systems, and heavy vehicle monitoring.