Service NSW and Gold Coast Health Strategies for Driving Impact and Transformation at ScaleIn this interview, Katie McDermott - Chief Product Officer & Executive Director, Digital at Service NSW and Sandip Kumar - Executive Director & CIO of Gold Coast Health discuss lessons learnt with advice on how to create impact and transform at scale.
In this interview, Katie McDermott – Chief Product Officer & Executive Director, Digital at Service NSW and Sandip Kumar – Executive Director & CIO of Gold Coast Health discuss lessons learnt with advice on how to create impact and transform at scale.
Sandip emphasises the need to educate key stakeholders about the purpose and potential of digital transformation and how it can add value to the organisation.
He also stresses the importance of building strong partnerships with technology and delivery partners to optimise costs and budget allocation.
Sandip highlights the role of technology in digital transformation but emphasises the equal importance of getting people on board with the journey.
He believes that creating a culture of curiosity, empowering teams, and fostering a learning environment are crucial in driving digital excellence.
Katie McDermott discusses Service NSWs journey towards digital excellence. She discusses the challenges and importance of delivering seamless and customer-centric government services.
Katie emphasises the need to build internal software development capabilities and adopt an API-driven approach to enhance agility. She also highlights the significance of customer feedback and real-time insights in shaping their services.
- Gold Coast Health strategies:
- Help the Board and executive to understand the purpose of digital transformation and what it could do to drive value, and respond to long-term challenges
- Partnerships: less is more. Ensure that partners are part of the team. They understand the agenda and they work with our digital teams to make sure that they are providing value to us, but also that we position ourselves so we can provide value back to them.
- Train your staff on storytelling to convey your message in a common language.
- Service NSW strategies:
- API-driven business allows them to move with more agility without being shackled to the core systems across the New South Wales public sector.
- Believe in paired programming, security and reliability over everything else. Believe in real-time insights, and pilot everything to avoid failure before launch.